An integral part of the ACOP L8 requirements is the need to undertake regular monitoring and checks on the systems to ensure that they are operating within the guideline parameters.
By using the information gained during the risk assessment process, we can firstly design a bespoke monitoring and testing regime based upon the guideline parameters laid out in HSG 274. The frequency of inspection and maintenance will depend on the system and the risks it presents.
Example of inspections –
- Monthly sentinel outlet temperatures
- Annual representative outlet temperatures
- Bi-annual water storage tank inspections
- Annual tank inspections
- Flushing of infrequently used outlets
- Annual inspection of calorifier drain water
- UKAS accredited laboratory tested for legionella and general bacteria.
- Calorifier internal inspections